Auto and Motorcycle Insurance
Jensen-Sundquist can provide you with accurate and affordable quotes for your auto insurance and motorcycle insurance needs in the Grantsburg area. Simply give one of our offices a call and get started today!
Auto Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium for the auto insurance and your insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car. Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage. Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy for our Grantsburg-area clients from Jensen-Sundquist consists of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially. If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it. If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive. If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
What questions should you ask before purchasing auto insurance?
Your Jensen-Sundquist auto insurance agent in Grantsburg is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
- If you are looking for auto insurance and car accident coverage in the Grantsburg area, contact Jensen-Sundquist today.